Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Fruited Kale Salad

I love this salad. I feel like when I eat it my body says "thanks".
Fruited Kale Salad
1 Cup kale
1/2 Cup sliced fruits of choice (Banana, Strawberries, Grapefruit or clementine, Peach or nectarine, Apple, or whatever you fancy)
¼ medium avocado
2 Tbs dressing
Dressing
1/4 cup dried coconut
2 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoon agave
1 teaspoon flaxseed
Shake up the ingredients for the dressing in a separate small container until well blended. Massage the dressing into the leaves until the kale becomes wilty and well coated with the dressing. Now, you can either finish putting the salad together and eat it right away, or store the dressing coated kale in the fridge for 12+ hours so it gets a little softer. Either way, next mix up whatever fruit you have available (I don't usually use everything I listed above; I've made this with all sorts of variations of fruit) with the wilted kale. Top with the chopped avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment