Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Broiled Salmon


When I was nursing my son and trying to increase my milk supply I met with a lactation consultant. She told me I not only needed to eat lots of calories, I also need to eat foods rich in fatty acids, like salmon. I was NOT A SALMON FAN! It's too fishy for me, too oily. My husband likes it so often orders it at restaurants since I don't make it. But he was there when the lactation consultant told me to eat salmon. So, he searched for a recipe to be able to make salmon for someone who doesn't normally like it. It is so simple and there aren't many ingredients. But, surprisingly, I really did like it the way he made it, so we keep making it this way. So, whether you already love salmon or you think you don't, try this recipe and see what you think. Because really, salmon is so good for you.

Broiled Salmon - For those who don't like salmon, and for those who do, for everyone!

  • Salmon fillets, BLSL
  • Nonstick EVOO Cooking Spray
  • Salt and Pepper.


Turn on your oven to BROIL (‘high’ setting if your oven has the option).  Place the oven rack on the second highest level (i.e. close to the broiler element).
Place salmon on paper towel and thoroughly pat dry.
Spray both sides with cooking spray.  Sprinkle both sides of the salmon with S&P.
Place a wire rack on-top of a baking sheet or use a broiler pan (I line my baking sheet with parchment paper to make clean up easy!).  Lightly spray the wire rack with cooking spray and place salmon in the middle of the rack with space between the pieces.
Turn on your hood fan & place the baking sheet with the salmon in the oven.
Broil on one side for 7 minutes (until nicely browned).  Flip the salmon and broil the other side for an additional 5 to 7 minutes (or until cooked to your liking!).  Both sides should be nice and crisp, but the inside will remain moist and juicy!
*Note:  this salmon will spit a little while it cooks and create some smoke (hence turning on the hood fan!).  Don’t be worried if it spits on the broiler element, it’ll be just fine.  If your salmon does begin to burn, turn down your broiler to medium or lower your rack.  Broiler heat is known to be temperamental, so just keep your eye on it while it cooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment