Friday, May 20, 2016

He Understand PERFECTLY

got a letter once from my mom that had this scripture in it:
Alma 7:11-12
"And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities."
At the time I was struggling. I don't even remember why, but I was having a hard time, and this scripture was just what I needed. Sometimes we can feel so alone in our trials, so isolated, like there isn't anyone that can really understand what we are going through, and no one who can help. But the truth is, there is ALWAYS someone who UNDERSTANDS PERFECTLY and knows EXACTLY how to best help. He knows because He felt it for us, every.single.thing. EVERY pain, EVERY affliction, EVERY temptation, EVERY sickness, EVERY infirmity, There is nothing we experience that He doesn't understand completely, not because He is God and all knowing, but because He came to earth for this very purpose, to be able to help us in every.single.aspect of our lives. He felt it all!!!!!!!!!! And if we let Him, He will help us perfectly! Because He loves perfectly!
A few years ago I was talking with some friends. One of the friends also struggles with infertility, the other does not. As we were talking my one friend with infertility struggles made a comment about how she wishes that all women could understand what it is like. The other made a comment about how she wants to be compassionate but doesn't think she needs to feel bad about not fully understanding. I understood both their points. My thought was that I wish I could fully understand everyone's trials, whatever they are, so I can be more compassionate and helpful. And then my second thought was that that isn't necessary, because Christ already did that. He is already available to help perfectly everyone I love, much better than I ever could even if I experienced every trial. And another awesome thought - He not only understands our trials, He understands our joys as well, and He is there to also rejoice with us, to celebrate with us. Isn't that amazing! ‪#‎hediditforus‬ ‪#‎hediditforyou‬ ‪#‎heunderstandeverything‬‪#‎iwillfollowhim‬

No comments:

Post a Comment