Friday, August 12, 2016

Tip of the Day: Early Morning Workouts Are Where It's At!

So, most mornings start the same way for me. I wake up at 6 when my husband does. I pray and read my scriptures for a half hour. Then I do my workout. Then I eat breakfast. I do this because if I don't get my prayers and scriptures as well as my workout in before my son wakes up it is much harder for me to assure that it will happen. WELL, it just so happens that there are benefits to working out before you eat in the morning! I was looking at TeamBeachbody.com today and came across an article that said this:

Strength sessions done in a fasted state first thing in the morning can potentially help the body to release maximal levels of HgH (growth hormone) which allows the body to recover, repair, and refuel for the next workout. 

Training first thing in the morning in a fasted state has been proven to help the body become more efficient at utilizing fat as a substrate. Even for those who don’t necessarily need to lose weight, Paleo practitioners believe functioning on fat as your fuel throughout the day provides for improved mental focus, balanced energy levels, and less cravings for sweets, as the latter is typically representative of a blood sugar crash in disguise.

I had no idea I was doing something good for my body by working out before I ate, but so glad to know it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment