Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Minted Watermelon Parfait

If I tried to put a taste to summer it may very well be watermelon. I love watermelon - it's sweetness, that it's crunchy but so juicy, it seems like a fresh taste to me. I just love it. And it is actually really good for you as well - it has lycopene, pretty high vitamin content, and pretty high protein content as well. I eat quite a lot of watermelon in the summer. Several years ago I attended a social event and someone brought a watermelon and mint salad. I would have never thought to pair the two but I really liked it. I have quite a lot of mint growing in my backyard and generally don't find many uses for it, to be honest. But I occasionally add some to a bowl of watermelon now. It's yummy. Well, I decided to try something new and made this wonderful minted watermelon into a parfait. It did not disappoint!

Minted Watermelon Parfait
3/4 cup plain yogurt
1 cup diced watermelon
1 tsp minced fresh mint
2 Tbs shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
1 tsp stevia (optional)

Toss watermelon and mint together along with half the stevia (if using). Mix the other half teaspoon stevia with yogurt. Add coconut and mint/watermelon mix. Yum, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment